Chocolate Bavarian Cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/4 oz. unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
5 oz. chocolate, chopped (semi sweet or milk)
1/4 cup water
5 TBS sugar
3 large egg yolks
- Put the 1/4 c of water in small bowl & sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Put the egg yolks into a large bowl & whisk lightly to mix.
- Add the sugar & whisk until smooth.
- Put the milk into a saucepan & bring just to a boil.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk into the yolks.
- Then return the mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook the custard over medium-low heat, scraping the bottom of the pan constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the custard sauce until it reaches 165 to 170°F on an instant read thermometer
- Run your finger down the middle of the custard, & if the trail stays it's ready).
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- Stir the softened gelatin into the custard, whisking until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Whisk the custard into the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl & allow this to cool to about room temp.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 mins, stirring every 5 mins.
by: Chef Taz
8 oz. cream
1 TBS butter (optional but makes it stay really shiny even after refrigerating)
1 oz. sugar
12 oz (340 g)chocolate
White chocolate use nearly double the chocolate to cream
240 ml cream
455 g white chocolate
- Break chocolate into 1/2 oz pieces and place in stainless steel bowl.
- Heat cream, butter and sugar to boiling. Pour over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. Stir from center out until smooth. After refrigerating 1 hour then fill your piping bag
- Or use to ice your cake by pouring or spreading (allow to cool to room temp first)