Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
By Christy Freeman
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup water, divided
2 TBS butter
3 egg yolks
2 TBS sugar
1 1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a microwave or double broiler, heat chocolate, 1/4 cup water, and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir until cool, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Here's the link to the recipe:
And here's a video demonstrating how to make mousse in general: