My little brother

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My youngest brother, Jared, died Sunday afternoon on March 22. He was 22 and the baby of the family. He became addicted to prescription medicines and used them until his body couldn't take it anymore. He died from an accidental overdose. We were horrified to hear him say once that oxycontin was better than heroin. We tried so hard to help him but he refused to acknowledge he had a drug problem. He kept insisting he quit or he was in control. We thought we had more time to help him. I miss him so much.

9 comments:

Smith Family said...

I am so sorry ...

Deon said...

Janell, we are so sorry to hear. I am Denzil's aunt - please know our prayers are with your family.

Jenn said...

My heart aches for you. May you feel the comfort through the sweet Spirit and may time help ease the pain.

Royal Icing Sweets said...

My condolences to you and your family.

plbennett_8 said...

OMG...Janell,

I am so very sorry... If I would have known, I would have been there for you... Drugs are insidious...I lost a brother to them too... You are in my thoughts, and my heart. Please call me any time...

(((((Janell)))))
Pat B.

Tyler said...

Janell, I'm so sorry about your loss. I will be lifting up you and yours in my prayers.

Love,
W. McCloud

Linda said...

It is heartbreaking. I just don't understand it either and never will. Jared will be greatly missed. Thanks for the nice post.

love you

Aardvark Cakes said...

Just came across your blog and was touched by your post. So sorry to read about your brother.

Take care

Helen

Marie B. said...

Janelle, I am so sorry to hear of your brother. I have two brothers and it would shatter my heart.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and those who love him

Marie