Wednesday, March 25, 2009 by Janell
My youngest brother, Jared, died Sunday afternoon on March 22. He was 22 and the baby of the family. He became addicted to prescription medicines and used them until his body couldn't take it anymore. He died from an accidental overdose. We were horrified to hear him say once that oxycontin was better than heroin. We tried so hard to help him but he refused to acknowledge he had a drug problem. He kept insisting he quit or he was in control. We thought we had more time to help him. I miss him so much.