Santa Cake

Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Last month, I had the chance to take a cake class with Bronwen Weber. She's a famous decorator who's frequently on the Food Network cake challenges and she's a great teacher. She taught us how to make a standing up Santa Claus out of cake and pvc pipes. It was a lot of fun and I ended up with something resembling Santa Claus. He looks a bit saggy now but that's probably because he's been sitting on my table for the last month. Now that I finally got around to attaching his hands and taking a picture I'll be able to break him down and throw out the cake. I think I'll have to wear a saftey mask to do that though. Yuck. If you ever get a chance to take a class with Bronwen I highly recommend it. It's completly worth it.

2 comments:

Linda said...

How cool! I think your Santa looks great! You are amazing.

Jessica said...

Hey, my mom took that class, too! I bet you were there together. It is such a great cake.