Halloween Cake Contest

Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Lat month I entered a cake contest on a cake decorating website and they posted the results today. There were a few hundred cakes entered and mine won 3rd place. Yea! This cake was based on a cute greeting card I found last year. It took about five days to make and I applied all the shingles and siding planks individually. That part alone took two days and my shoulders hurt like crazy afterwards! But it was a fun cake to make and it's still sitting in my refrigerator. I don't have the heart to throw it away yet so now it's serving as a science experiment to determine at which point it starts to mold. Going on five weeks now!

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a cute cake! Way to go taking 3rd place (I think you deserved 1st place!) Do you still have the cake?

Janell said...

Thanks aunt Linda! I definitely still have the cake. I'll have to throw it out soon though since it's taking up so much room.